Thai Yoga Massage is a full body experience that is both an art and a science. It is immensely therapeutic to the body, mind, and spirit ”The function of this ancient practice, could be clearly described as “Giving life back to the body.”
Thai Yoga Massage is performed on a mat on the floor. Both client and practitioner are dressed in comfortable clothing allowing, ease of movement and flexibility.
The practitioner uses his or her thumbs, palms, elbows, knees and feet to apply a combination of acupressure, gentle rocking and twisting, joint and spine mobilization and assisted yoga stretches.
With the therapist using bodyweight instead of strength and a steady and meditative rhythm, Thai Yoga Massage looks and feels like a graceful dance between giver and receiver. If you are feeling rundown, tired or have tight muscles and limited flexibility, then this is a wonderful way to awaken and rejuvenate your body and mind.
If you have never done yoga before but want to start, this is a great introduction for your body to become more open and ready for a yoga practice.
BENEFITS OF THAI YOGA MASSAGE
- The joy of receiving
- A sense of ease and comfort
- A well-aligned body and open chakras
- A more peaceful mind and a relaxed heart
- A refreshed spirit A general increase of energy
- An opening of the meridians and blocked areas of the body
- Relief for pain and muscle tension
- Improvement in blood and lymph circulation
- An increase in flexibility